I have been so busy practicing clarinet, working as a substitute, and fixing our finances that this blog has been sitting on the back burner. Bri and I finished our first puzzle this month, and our first snowman. Among many other hobbies I have started to read the Tales of Beatrix Potter at night out loud. On a brighter side my cleaning has also taken a backseat to everything else in my life which has been nice. I have learned not to worry about having the house spotless when other things take presendence.
I had extra blueberries and cream cheese in my freezer. I was going to make this for a Christmas party but since Bri ended up sick we did not get to go. This is so good and I am glad that I was able to make it. I know my desserts are good because Brian has a hard time letting me give them away. 🙂 I got this recipe from My Kitchen Snippets! I love taking photos and especially from odd angles.
1 cup/2 stick/226 grm butter
1 block/8 oz cream cheese (I used fat free cream cheese)
1 3/4 cup sugar
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups blueberries + 1 tbsp flour (toss together)
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degree F. Line and greased a 8″ x 8″ square pan or baking pan of your choice.
2. In a mixer beat butter, cream cheese and sugar until creamy and light. Add in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add in vanilla.
3. In a mixing bowl, sift flour, baking powder and salt. Slow down the mixer and slowly add in the flour to the butter mixture. Mix well.
4. Lastly add in the blueberries and mix well. Pour batter into baking pan and bake for 1 hour or until golden brown. Cool for 10 min in the pan before remove the cake out of the pan.
5. Cool completely before serving.