These Banana nut muffins are amazing! They are sweet, buttery, and soft! I added more pecans and topped them with pecans and sugar.
Banana Nut Muffins
It made 21 muffins for me
1/2 cup butter
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 large ripe bananas , mashed
2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1//2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup chopped pecans – I used a whole package of pecans
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 400. Grease 12 standard size muffin pan cups or use paper liners.
2. Beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time. Beat in bananas until smooth.
3. Mix together flour, salt baking powder, and baking soda.
4. Alternately stir flour mixture, and butter milk in to egg mixture until dry ingredients are just moistened.
5. Stir in nuts and vanilla. Do not over mix the batter; it should not be completely smooth.
6. Spoon batter into prepared pan, filling 2/3rds full. Bake until lightly golden, 15-18 minutes. Transfer muffin pan cups to a wire rack to cool. Turn out onto rack. Enjoy!