I prepared the Mini Meat Loaves and salad the morning we were going to have them. On my way back home from Grand Rapids my wonderful husband started cooking the mini meat loaves. It was wonderful to come home to a meal almost done. We enjoyed these Turkey Mini Meat Loaves, and look forward to having them again. They were tasty, and had a tangy sauce! These complimented the seven layer salad that we had with it very well.
Source: Cooking Light the Essential dinner tonight
Section: Weeknight meals/ Poultry
Turkey Mini Meat Loafs
Serves: 3 servings, serving size 1 loaf
(I ended up with a ton because I tripled the recipe, and I froze most of them for later)
Turkey Mini Meat Loaves
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 T dry breadcrumbs
- 1 T chopped fresh parsley
- 1 t Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/4 t dried oregano
- 1/8 t freshly ground black pepper
- 8 oz ground turkey breast
- 1 lg egg white, lightly beaten
- 3 T ketchup, divided
- 1/4 t hot pepper sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat a small skillet over medium high heat; coat with cooking spray. Add onion to pan; saute 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- Combine onion, breadcrumbs, and next 7 ingredients in a large bowl. Stir in 2 tablespoons ketchup. Spoon about 1/2 cup meat mixture into each of 3 muffin cups coated with cooking spray; place muffin pan on a baking sheet. Combine 1 tablespoon ketchup and hot pepper sauce in a small bowl; brush ketchup mixture over meat loaf tops. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until a thermometer registers 165 degrees.